Show of hands: How many people do you know (including yourself) have been to the University of YouTube to learn something new? We expect to see everyone’s hands raising. Well you can imagine the glimmer in our eyes when we found out about a then little known website called Skillshare. Skillshare is an online learning platform with tons of classes taught by creatives, made especially for creatives. Skillshare has many different educational tracks including art, design and marketing, but we noticed one important thing was missing. Music, of course! So being the thought leaders we are, we gured we’d start Skillshare’s music track. To date, Guru has taught three DIY recording and mixing classes on the platform and we have over 5,000 students!
What we did:
- Built 3 (more to come) DIY mixing and recording classes on the platform.
- Established first music track program on the site.
- Created a new revenue strategy that both empowers the creator and the DIY atmosphere.
What’s up now?:
- We are modernizing music e-learning by creating a channel that features different artists, producers and engineers.
- We were part of their Series B fundraise.
- We are currently working on our 4th and 5th classes for Skillshare.